You've always wanted a pool and now, after years of saving and budgeting, you're finally ready to make the big leap. You're excited and you want to get started now, especially with the blazing heat and the stir-crazy kids.
No matter how desperate you are to get the ball rolling, you need to remember that a getting a swimming pool is a big decision a permanent fixture in your backyard. There is a process you need to go through to pick pool builders that will build an aesthetically pleasing pool that fits into your budget without cutting any corners on the quality of construction.
There are tons of Pool Builders out there, and they all claim to be the best. How do you tell who is really the best option for your life and your budget?
Follow this checklist of the top five things to consider when choosing which pool builders are right for you:
1. Ask the pool builders for a list of references. Contact those people and ask how they feel about their pool and the service that they received. If the pool builders are unable to provide great references, or if they do not provide any testimonials from happy customers this tends to be a bad sign.
2. Take your time. This is a big decision and is not something that you should rush into. Instead, comparison shop and get bids from different pool builders. And don't take the first design you've been shown if it isn't exactly what you want. Only entertain working with pool builders that will work with you to find the pool design of your dreams.
3. Get out there and see their showroom. Make sure that the employees are helpful, knowledgeable and respectful. After all, you will be dealing with these pool builders for an extended period of time and you want to know that they're doing everything they can to make you happy with the entire process and the finished product.
4. Don't sign a contract during your first appointment. When it's all said and done, the first contractor you meet may be the best. But, as with any investment, don't sign anything without taking the time you need to explain exactly what you want, and to get the promises you need in writing. You have to interview several pool builders to know that you are making the right choice,
5. Make sure you have any promises or "deals" in writing. Some pool builders may offer the world while they are trying to get your business and then drastically change their tune later in the process. If your pool builders offer you some amenities for free or a discount on the construction process, get them documented clearly, so you avoid any confusion.
The lesson that you should really take from this is that you are looking for the best people in addition to the best prices. If you call around and only try to get the best quote, odds are you will not only end up with a disappointing pool, you will also get hit by a bunch of unexpected charges from pool builders that make their living providing poorer services and products.
So, when you are trying to pick out your ideal pool builders look at their past work, their staff, and don't be pressured into signing a contract you don't understand.